NARS Sheer Glow Revisited

Almost a year ago now, I reviewed the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation on Little Darling Life . At the end of the post , I mentioned that I wou...


Almost a year ago now, I reviewed the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation on Little Darling Life. At the end of the post, I mentioned that I would see my skin become blemished a day or two after using it. I also speculated that it may have been my bronzer and/or blush interacting with the foundation, subsequently causing minor breakouts. If you read my original post, you would know that in all other respects, I absolutely adored this foundation and how it worked with my skin. So, I decided to give it another go but this time I tested it without my blush.

I should mention that since last year I have changed my moisturiser to the Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream and in this experiment I used the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Priming Base, which I did not use when I first trialled this foundation. I retested this foundation three times within a one week period, and the results were consistent each time. I did not have any blemishes after using this foundation without my usual blush. And I am so happy about it because I cannot stress enough how much I love NARS Sheer Glow.

Along with this experiment, I also played around with application techniques and I have discovered how this foundation best works for me. A primer is definitely a must to keep longevity at a maximum as is setting powder - though I am finding that I use less powder since adding primer into my base routine. Setting your whole face will obviously mattify it, which kind of defeats the purpose of a glowy foundation, in my opinion. I usually just set my nose, forehead and under-eyes so I can still achieve a glow on the rest of my face. Also, if you don't own the Zoeva Silk Finish brush, get onto it. It's an amazing brush generally but when paired with this foundation it just works wonders.


I think it's safe to say that this has now become my holy grail foundation. I will gladly skip the blush in favour of this beautiful base, which leaves my skin with a nice glow and is the perfect colour match.

Have you ever gone back to a foundation that you had previously discarded? Leave your foundation story in the comments below.

Keep up to date with my posts on  B L O G L O V I N '.

Check out these posts from Little Darling Life

0 comments

Instagram