Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare...


A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture.

For normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types
Hydrates for softer and smoother skin
Contains powerful anti-oxidants to protect against damaging free radicals and tumeric extract to improve skin's radiance and tone
Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance free.



Since my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear's formula change, I have been on the hunt for a new foundation. My skin has significantly improved since I first purchased Double Wear three years ago. But because it is so difficult - in fact, near impossible - to find a non-acnegenic/non-comedogenic foundation I never gave a second thought to moving away from the medium to full coverage Double Wear is famous for. Plus, once you get used to full coverage, it's hard to want anything else.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation has been pretty well received by the beauty community. Like many of you reading this, I review most makeup before I decide to purchase it. The most common opinions on this foundation are that it's not full coverage, not very glowy, and isn't a long-wearing foundation. This didn't sound very promising at all. However, as helpful as reviews are, I'm also a big believer in trying things out for yourself and seeing how a product works with your skin type, hair type, etc.

At $65, this foundation does not come cheap so it is really important to get colour-matched by a professional and to request a sample before purchasing. Alternatively, you can use a foundation matrix to help with the colour-match. But keep in mind that colour online is very different to colour in real life. So, if in doubt, do go in store and get someone to help you.


The shade Light 4 Deauville - isn't that the coolest foundation name ever? - is the perfect shade for me. I think it's an even better fit than Double Wear's Ecru, which when I compare to Deauville has a lot more pink in it. The Sheer Glow shade is far more yellow even though it is described as a light foundation with a neutral balance of yellow and pink undertones.

Many in the beauty community have confused the name of this foundation with its meaning. Sheer Glow has been taken to mean a sheer foundation with a glowy/dewy finish when it actually means a glow that is sheer. And I would certainly agree with that as the finish is a lovely middle ground between matte and dewy.

Now, as far as coverage goes, I would describe it as medium. I can't see it covering large blemishes or imperfections on the skin such as inflamed acne or deep pigmentation. But it does do a good job of covering the few left over spot marks that I have as well as the pinkness that my peaches-and-cream complexion generates. 

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3 Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2 Serralysin, Curcuma Longa [Curcuma Longa (Tumeric) Root Extract], Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [+/- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)]


Longevity was one of my main concerns with this foundation. If a foundation can't stand a wear of at least 10 hours, it is no good to me. Much to my surprise, my face looks almost as fresh at the end of the day as when I first apply Sheer Glow. But I do find setting powder helps with its duration of looking good. Yet, even with sweating and me only setting my under eyes and T-zone, this foundations holds up incredibly well. I consider myself to have normal to dry skin; there is some eventual cracking particularly around the sides of my chin, especially when my skin is drier. This is what I find with all foundations. However, it is more noticeable with this foundation than with Double Wear.  It does feel very light on the skin though, which would make it good for warmer weather.

Pump or no pump? Not having a pump with my foundation has never bothered me. But the lady who served me at Mecca Cosmetica said that using one would mean not going through the product as quickly. So, for an extra $4 I thought why not! When you're paying as much as you are for a foundation it's a little disappointing that it doesn't already come with a pump. But it is a one-off purchase as it can be re-used.

As for blemishes, I don't really know what to think. Sometimes I have broken out after wearing it and other times I have been fine. My cheeks really don't seem to like it apart from the occasions when I have worn it without my bronzer and blush. So, I seem to think that this foundation is not mingling well with one or both of these products and is reacting with my skin, subsequently causing a breakout. I have tried it out quite a few times now and the result is always the same: new blemishes the day after wearing it or a couple days after. And nothing has changed in my skin regimen apart from using this foundation. So, unfortunately I've had to pass this one on to Mum, who always receives my foundation rejects.

Overall, I love everything about Nars Sheer Glow except for the blemishes. If it didn't break me out, I would be using this foundation every day because it really is a beautiful base. If you have normal skin that isn't prone to breakouts, I would definitely recommend this foundation to you.

Have you tried Nars Sheer Glow? How do you like it?

Keep up to date with my posts on  B L O G L O V I N '.

Check out these posts from Little Darling Life

0 comments

Instagram