Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara

I have naturally always had fairly big brows, not thick and bushy but certainly not thin and sparse. So applying makeup to my eye...


I have naturally always had fairly big brows, not thick and bushy but certainly not thin and sparse. So applying makeup to my eyebrows was something I had never even considered. That is until perfectly shaped and filled-in brows started popping up on my Instagram feed. I soon noticed how lost my brows were on my face, particularly when wearing bold eye makeup.

Since I didn't own any brow-specific products at the time, I started off using eyeshadow which works perfectly fine if you can match a shade to your hair colour. I soon after bought a brow gel and powder kit because I wanted to achieve a more sculpted look - you know, the kind of brow that is infamous these days. But after trying different applicators and techniques, I just couldn't get my eyebrows to look the way I wanted them too. And they just ended up looking ridiculously thick and caterpillar-like, which just looked far too heavy for my face.

One day, Mum came home from the shops and surprised me with Maybelline's Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. I had wanted to try a brush-on brow filler for a while, thinking it would be a quick way to add some colour and coverage on those days where I don't have a lot of time to put my face on. And that's what you can achieve with this brow mascara as you can quickly sweep it through each brow and get on with the rest of your makeup.

Even though my hair colour is considered a medium ash brown, I got the dark brown shade and it is a perfect match. It's not orange/warm like I have found other brow products to be so I can go really natural or opt for more of a filled-in look without looking mismatched. That brings me to another great point about this product - you can control how made up you want your eyebrows to look.


If I'm going for a natural "everyday" makeup kinda vibe, I simply comb my brow hairs away from my nose, beginning at the tail - as this is where I need a bit more coverage - and finishing at the head of the brow. If I'm going for something bolder, I will again start at the tail but comb my brow hairs toward my nose. I then finish by brushing through my brows and shaping them as desired. I also brush through my brows with a clean spoolie prior to application in an attempt to remove any foundation or concealer that may have gotten onto my brow hairs during base application.

The one and only disappointment I have with this product is the brush. I'm not too sure what the thought process was behind it because it is not as functional as I would like. The only product you get out of it is what has clung to the widest part of the brush and you cannot use what is on the skinny end. This means wasted makeup. I really hope that Maybelline changes it too a shorter slim brush. This would make application a lot easier and less messy because with the current brush I find it difficult to control, especially when applying to the tail of the brow.

This brow mascara is incredible at keeping my eyebrows in place all day. They do go a little bit 'crunchy' but it's not necessarily something I hate. I don't find that the colour fades and it wears really well, even in hot weather. I can touch my brows throughout the day and it doesn't smudge or move at all.

You can purchase the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara here for AUD$12.95.

Did you like this brow mascara? Is there another one that you love more?

Keep up to date with my posts on  B L O G L O V I N '.

Check out these posts from Little Darling Life

0 comments

Instagram