Seaside Snaps

"A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up b...


"A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean."
Henry Grunwald

Yesterday was my first time at the beach in a really long time. I definitely prefer hills and mountains over the beach but sometimes it's good to get away for a change of scenery. And it gave me an excuse to whip out the camera and brush up on my photography skills (all of the photos in this post were taken on manual settings; I'm pretty proud!)

There is something special about the beach though. The sites and sounds are so relaxing and healing. There were so many pretty pastel colours happening as well which is why I like going to the beach when it's a little bit cloudy. But of course the sun soon began to shine and made everything look more vibrant.

I think it's important to feel inspired by nature, and yesterday's trip reminded me of that. Being an interior design and decoration student, I really do feel like I observe the world with a different pair of eyes now. And yesterday, I feel like I considered all that the coastline had to offer from the glossy reflective ripples of the ocean to the satin texture of the wet sand to the fluffy white fairy floss clouds.

I hope you enjoy my photos and I would love to hear which places inspire you in the comments below.

The clearest water I have ever seen.

A seagull feather resting on the wet sand.

The sister using her awesome photography skills.

Pelican Pete before his friend arrived.

The creek.

Boats.

More boats.

Looking over the edge... And trying not to freak out.

At the pier.

There's something cool about old benches.

Keep up to date with my posts on  B L O G L O V I N '.

Check out these posts from Little Darling Life

0 comments

Instagram