Open House Melbourne 2015

An artwork of Melbourne in the State Library of Victoria gallery. I had the pleasure of going to Open House Melbourne  for the first ...

An artwork of Melbourne in the State Library of Victoria gallery.

I had the pleasure of going to Open House Melbourne for the first time with my sister on Saturday. This is an annual two-day event where various sites across Melbourne are open to the public. With literally one hundred sites opening their doors, it is impossible to get to them all even if you decide to go both days. We managed to make it to about four though I had planned 25 - we definitely need to quicken the pace next year.

Open House is very much centred on design and architecture but it's just as much a cultural and historical experience. If you're taking photos, like we did, you feel a bit like a tourist in your own city but there are some buildings well worth capturing in a photograph.

I will likely attend next year, weather permitting. I wish it were held in the summer when the whether is warmer as it was a pretty chilly and windy 13 degree day. But we still had a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy viewing some of my snaps.

First stop: the Nicholas Building.

Vintage Sole: your source of all things vintage & authentic American cowboy boots.

The best door in Melbourne.

Art stirs.

Retro shop bling.

Melbourne Town Hall.

Love the concept for Melbourne Spring Fashion Week this year.

Scots' Presbyterian Church.

State Library of Victoria.

Queen's Room at the State Library.


I'm sharing more of my favourite snaps over on Instagram, so be sure to stop by and say hello there.

Keep up to date with my posts on B L O G L O V I N '.

Check out these posts from Little Darling Life

0 comments

Instagram