Antipodes Grace Gentle Cream Cleanser

Clear impurities and remove your makeup gracefully with this dermatologically approved organic cleanser that is a true gift for sensitiv...


Clear impurities and remove your makeup gracefully with this dermatologically approved organic cleanser that is a true gift for sensitive skin conditions. Its blissfully soothing formulation features anti-inflammatory super-antioxidant Vinanza Oxifend, naturally extracted from pinot noir grapes sustainably cultivated on award-winning Marlborough vineyards. Nutrient-rich avocado oil and marigold flower gently yet effectively cleanse, freshen and soften your visage. Suited to most skin conditions, especially sensitive.

Daily Ritual: Apply in circular motions with clean fingertips to your face, neck and décolletage at sunrise and sunset. Rinse well with warm and pure water.



At almost $40, Antipodes Grace Gentle Cream Cleanser does not come cheap. Last Winter, I stood in my local Priceline store, holding this cleanser in my hand and wondering if I should dare to take the risk. I had no information about the product - apart from what is on the box - and I knew even less about the brand. I loved that it is a certified organic cleanser and that it claimed to be one which would be gentle on the skin but still be able to remove impurities. I was going in blind but I decided to take a chance on it anyway.

I have never been a huge fan of cream cleansers - for some unknown reason I always associated foam cleansers with a better clean. But after using this cleanser, my perception has completely changed. I use about a blueberry-size amount, gently massaging it over my face for a few minutes and then thoroughly washing it off with water. And after I pat my skin dry, it just feels clean and refreshed. The product is smooth, white in colour and it melts onto the skin beautifully; it feels quite luxurious on the skin. For a cream, it washes off easily and doesn't cling to the face like I thought it would.

This cleanser has been absolute heaven for me. My skin has never looked calmer, clearer and brighter. It is so nourishing and soothing for my sensitive skin - although I'm still weirded out by the fact that I'm putting pinot noir grapes on my face, in a good way. Aside from that, I was also wary about putting a bunch of different oils on my face - granted they are organic - but they have been surprisingly kind to my skin. I haven't done too much research on how the organic ingredients in this product are good for your skin but I'll put some links in the ingredients list below - Antipodes will be able to explain it better than I can. So be sure to check those out if you want some more information.

Ingredients: Aqua (water), glycerin, sclerotium gum (amigel), lavandula angustifolia (lavendar flower) distillate, buxus chinensis (jojoba oil), persea gratissima (avocado) oil, macademia ternifolia (macadamia nut) oil calendula officinalis (marigold flower) oil, glyceryl stearate, vitis vinifera (Vinanza Oxifend pinot noir grape) extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), cetearyl alcohol, naticide (natural preservative)


If you are really picky about how your skincare smells, this cleanser may not be the one for you. The scent is mild but certainly not one of the nicest I've come across. It's not terrible, it just doesn't have that pleasant fruity or floral scent that I know some people are keen on. I don't necessarily mind how this cleanser smells because I'm not a fan of heavy, artificial fragrance in my skincare or cosmetics.

As far as removing makeup goes, I can't attest that it is effective because I haven't used it for this at this stage - I'm still finishing up my last bottles of the now discontinued Aveeno UltraCalming Cleansing for makeup removal. When I eventually use the Antipodes cleanser for this, I'll post an update with how it performs. However, I never use a cleanser on its own to remove an entire face of makeup.

Overall, my skin and I are in love with this cleanser. It is the best I have ever used and this is really a case of getting what you pay for. If you're finding lower-end skincare products aren't working for you, I would definitely give this a go - it is certainly worth paying that bit extra for amazing looking skin.

Do you love Antipodes? Which of their skincare products do you recommend?

Keep up to date with my posts on  B L O G L O V I N '.

Check out these posts from Little Darling Life

0 comments

Instagram