L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation

Resists sweat, stress, heat humidity Infallible 24HR Matte Foundation contains perlite technology to withstand sweat, st...


Resists sweat, stress, heat humidity
Infallible 24HR Matte Foundation contains perlite technology to withstand sweat, stress, heat and humidity, so you stay flawless all day without retouching.
With a fluid formula made of 1/3 water, the foundation glides beautifully on the skin for full coverage with no shine, no mask effect.
The new standard in longwear matte foundation!


This foundation is the first 'drugstore' product I have used since late high school/early university days. Since going a little more higher end with my face makeup products, it's been a bit difficult to go back to anything less. I'm a huge fan of lower end brands for the lips and eyes. But for the face, I've always been a leave it rather than take it kinda gal when it comes to such brands since my battles with skin began.

I first saw L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation advertised before a YouTube video and thought it sounded promising although the name did puzzle me a little - why would you want, even need, to wear foundation for 24 hours! Absurd. My next thought was: don't get your hopes up, it probably contains sodium chloride just like the rest of the drugstore foundations out there which means you won't be able to use it because it will break you out.

Funnily enough, unlike most of the foundations out there, the packaging doesn't claim that the product inside is non-comedogenic. However, the formula does not contain a single pore-clogging ingredient, making this foundation a blessing for the acne-prone. (Side note: I know that I go on and on about foundations and ingredients and acne in my reviews but I'm spending quite a bit of money on treatments for my skin and I don't see the point in using a product that is going to exacerbate the problem I am trying to fix.)


So, the packaging claims are that the product has a medium texture, high coverage and matte finish. It also recommends that the foundation be smoothed onto the skin in circular motions. I personally am not a fan of applying makeup with my fingers but I find that I get incredible coverage with this foundation when I use a brush. Application is seamless and it blends well. Even though it doesn't completely cover every single imperfection on the skin, I would still say that this is a high coverage product. As for the texture, I would disagree that it is medium. I actually find it super light on the skin to the point where I occasionally forget that I am even wearing it at all. I would also describe it as being between a liquid and cream consistency as it is not as runny as other liquid foundations I've tried. The finish is beautifully matte with an almost powder finish, causing subsequent face products to glide on easily.

My skin is normal to dry so I can't really comment on how well it holds up on oily skin. But the little oil that does come through during the day, particularly on warmer days, gives me a very slight dewy finish, which I like. So I imagine that those with oily skin would need to blot and/or powder throughout the day. I haven't experienced any patchiness with this foundation like a few others have claimed but I would recommend not applying serums or oils to your face before applying this product. As for dry patches, the product clings to them to the smallest extent even after applying moisturiser but it's not noticeable unless I look at my skin very closely and I find that the problem is reduced as my natural oils come out throughout the day. What I have noticed though is that this product doesn't like to be reapplied to dry patches and will either cling or discolour.

The only downside to this product for me is that the colour range is quite small in Australia. I wear the lightest shade available, which is 11 Vanilla. I can get away with it but it doesn't suit my skin's undertones. Although it looks slightly pink in the image below, my skin is actually quite yellow toned. I have neutral undertones but this shade is just slightly too cool toned.


Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxy Meth-Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Isohexa-Decane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluor-Phlogophite, Bis-Peg/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminium Hydroxide, [+/- May Contain CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides]


Unblended swatch.

Overall, I am madly in love with this foundation. I love the way it looks on my skin and the formula is the best of any foundation I have ever tried. Even though it's a full coverage foundation, you can still get a lighter, daytime look if you wish. And when it is built to its fullest coverage, or layered, it still looks like skin. What I love most about it is that it manages to always give me an airbrushed finish no matter what kind of brush I use with it. Lastly, the packaging is very good because the tube makes it hygienic. I am very impressed!

Are you using L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation? Do you love it or hate it?

Keep up to date with my posts on  B L O G L O V I N '.

Check out these posts from Little Darling Life

0 comments

Instagram